At Bridge Acres Stable, the care of your horse is our first priority. We take the care of each horse very seriously, and feel that our dependable, well-trained staff, and the quality of our facility help us to serve both our equines and humans efficiently, safely, and with great attention to detail. With Bridge Acres you get quality horse care in a relaxed, friendly environment for riders of all ages and skill levels.
Our Full Board Program includes the following:
- Matted Box stall with window, fans provided in summer, storm windows in winter
- Stall cleaned daily and replenished with bagged sawdust
- Daily or nightly turnout weather permitting (individual if necessary)
- Customized feeding 2-3x daily with high quality feed, supplements given
- Fresh hay and water given up to 4x daily
- Use of tack room, 1 trunk permitted in aisle
- Blacksmith services scheduled and horse attended to for blacksmith by staff member
- All shots and worming scheduled and horse handled for vet. Appointments for veterinary problems scheduled and attended to by staff member. Emergency care calls made and attended to. (Vet supplies not included)
- Dental services scheduled and horse attended to for dentist
- Use of full facility: 2 outdoor lighted rings with all weather footing, and indoor arena with rubber/sand footing (lesson schedule permitting)
- Blanketing/unblanketing, arrangements made for laundering
- Washer/dryer on premises
- Owner lives on site
- 7 horse shows a year on site (additional fees)
- On site clinics scheduled (additional fees)
Training Board includes all of the features of Full Board but with these additions:
- Full individualized training/grooming program for you and your horse. Includes 2 schooling rides per week.
- Trimming, mane pulls as needed
- Vacation care: lunging/grooming when you are away
Both Premium Care/Training Board options do not include pre-show bathing. They do include pre-show prep, such as extra rides or lunging if needed before horse shows. These board options are designed so that the trainers can best utilize their time and expertise to better care for the needs of both you and your horse. Each customer choosing this option will meet with the trainers to discuss what their particular needs are.
Half Board/Lease (Includes two lessons a month)
We have designed a program for those riders that are ready to commit to riding on their own and showing, but are not ready to purchase their own horse. The goal of this program is to allow riders to develop their skills both on and off the horse, as well as learn the responsibility that comes with owning your own horse. Cost of half board/lease program is half of full board, half of blacksmith, and half of routine veterinary care. Our school horses are available on a limited basis for this program. The benefits of the program include:
- Always riding the same horse in lessons
- Always riding the same horse at the Bridge Acres Horse Shows
- Weekend riding on Saturday and Sunday
- Opportunity to care for the horse as if it is her own
- Opportunity to take horse to the away horse shows that we attend each month Riding is a team sport, and the half-board program is designed for students to learn about building a working relationship with the horse. This includes not only riding, but grooming, bathing, and much more than he lesson program alone can include.